Tuesday 14 June 2011

Wedding Season needs a Wedding Quilt ...



.. and if you are sick and tired of all the wedding talk or when it turns September and it's time to put the wedding stuff away, well then you can just turn it over and you have a completely different colourful Kaffe Fassett quilt.





quilting on the back:



All hand sewn (hand pieced, hand quilted and the binding was done by hand too), made before I got my sewing machine a few months ago.

This quilt is so different from most of my other quilts. I normally use strong colours and bright modern patterns. So going for just black and white was unusual, and I love it. I always say my colour scheme is black white and red (I love it especially when it comes to clothes), so about time I made a quilt in those colours. I made a black white and red quilt for the monkey this year too, but that is very different and much much darker than this one, as most of the fabrics are black or dark red.

On a regular double bed (UK). The quilt measures 68” x 68” (172cm x 172cm).





I went for contrast quilting this time and not just texture as usual. I wanted the quilting to stand out and ended up using white thread on the black/dark grey fabrics and black thread on the white and lighter patches.

It was an obvious choice to call this a Wedding Quilt, maybe it will even end up being given to someone as a wedding gift. That would be wonderful. At least I hope so and I just listed it on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/75993197/wedding-quilt-hand-sewn-reversible-2in1.

What do you think? Do you like it? Or do you prefer the rainbow colours of my other quilts?

Love, Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment