Sunday 19 October 2014

More cushions

      

Have I shown you these yet? No? I honestly can't remember. Well, I did make some more cushions a while ago in an attempt to use up my scraps and I really like the result. The patterns are fairly simple and similar to other cushions I have made years ago.

I do have to say, I am constantly trying to think of things to do with my scraps. So much so that I end up using the same fabrics over and over again in order to reduce my pile of scraps but then I never actually cut into my precious collections of fabric.

As you already know, I have a fabric addiction of humungous proportions but I can't get myself to cut into my complete collections. I tend to buy Fat quarter bundles of collections I really like and I store the collections together and often use fabrics from one collection for a quilt which means I don't mix collections much. I know, big mistake. But maybe one day I will overcome this.

So here are my cushions, I believe they are all about 18 x 18 and I used fleece on the back. Can never be too soft, eh?

I hope you like these. I am sure I will make more and I will also have to come up with some other projects using up some scraps. I recently got into EPP and have been making hexies like mad (will show you in another post). Maybe I can cut my scraps into hexies sizes and use them up that way, hmmm, that is not a bad idea.

Love, Nadine











2 comments:

  1. A lovely use of scraps and the first cushion says "improv" to me rather than "scrap busting".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! You have a great eye for color.

    ReplyDelete