Friday 20 August 2010

Festival of Quilts (I)



I have decided to upload several posts to the blog as I can't possibly fit everything into one, I just have too many pictures and the iPhone app crashed several times as I tried to put this together. ARGH.

SO this first one is all about Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler and the amazing quilts I finally saw in person after admiring them in Kaffe's books.

Here are a few from "Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts":






And this one, the "Mexican Party Quilt", is from his new book "Quilts en Provence" which he sold and signed yesterday as well.


Amy Butler was lovely by the way, very friendly and approachable. She put a personalised signature in every book too. And in the background you can see some of her beautiful quilts.




And here is Kaffe Fassett. I managed to catch him while he was signing his books and asked him to sign mine as well. I believe he was only there for an hour in the morning and one in the afternoon, so yay, lucky me.


And these are the books I took home, signed copies by Amy and Kaffe. Hurrah.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics Nadine! I was there yesterday too. Didn't see Kaffe though. Lucky you! I did see Amy Butler though. Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh too bad we didn't meet L, would have been nice to have a chat.

    And nice to "read" you A, will check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete