Monday 28 June 2010

Mini Geisha Quilt



I have been Quilting like a mad woman lately to work on presents (working on my Pay it Forward gifts and Justine's little wedding pressie) but am also trying to finish things and then hopefully set up an Etsy shop SOONish.

But here is one thing I meant to show you a while ago and I just finished the hand quilting this weekend amidst all the other stuff. It is a mini Geisha Quilt made up of beautiful Asian fabrics.

Am actually quite happy with it, the quilting turned out very well, very even for a change. I used gold thread which is a pain in the backside for handquilting, it keeps breaking or twirling up into loops, argh. But it worked out well in the end.

Close up:



The only thing I don't like is the binding. It looks shabby and wobbly and uneven and I might just take it off and replace it.

Hope you like it.

Love, Nadine

the back:




1 comment:

  1. It's lovely, Nadine! The back is just as nice, if not nicer, than the front! I have some asian fabric leftovers from a wallhanging that I made which I am now attempting to quilt with an older beater sewing machine. I like the "geisha" name for yours.

    ReplyDelete