Tuesday 4 September 2012

Meet Jane

Hello all,

those of you who've been following this blog and especially my Facebook and Twitter followers know how much trouble I've been having with my old sewing machine and how I've been moaning about wanting a new machine. Well, relax, the moaning is over. Because tada, meet Jane, my lovely Janome DXL603.

I really wanted a new machine that would allow me to Free Motion Quilt and work much better than the old one. This one has all the luxuries a quilter could dream of, I even have a needle up/down button, perfect for FMQ.

But you know what, I can't actually afford this machine. I played with one at the Festival of Quilts and really wanted to buy it but I couldn't afford it. ... Well, until Abi from SewYou offered to sell her 6 teaching machines (in excellent condition and only used very little) for a fraction of the price and including the Quilters Kit with extension table and all the quilting feet (walking, open toe, ditch etc.)

And she did that the evening before my birthday on Facebook. the machines went within minutes and I got one. Yay. She is gorgeous and I have just played with her and she sews perfectly, even Free Motion Quilting is a doddle (and I am a beginner!).

So watch this space. You will see some quilts in the future that are not only quilted with a straight stitch, you might see some stippling or pebbles, oh I can't wait.

Lots of love and happy quilting
Nadine

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new machine! What luck to get one. Hope to see some of your quilting styles soon =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo that's what I've got. I love mine. She does everything I ask of her with now grumbles (unlike my old Brother who was very rebellious). I'm sure you will have great fun together!

    ReplyDelete