Saturday 8 September 2012

Fashion Illustration Painting

Hello all,

check out this gorgeous painting, isn't she amazing?

I didn't paint her, Steve did and I think he did an amazing job. I absolutely love how the personality comes out even though the painting itself retained a lot of the roughness and it isn't overdone (like a lot of my paintings I have to admit). Someone else might feel threatened that he paints someone so sexy, and if you haven't met me believe you me I look nothing like her, but I am really just proud of him and recognise his talent. Well, he is the trained artist while I am just an amateur.

I just love the way he can paint something rough and detailed at the same time. The sparkle in the eye and the red in the lips are stunning. And the turquoise background is divine. the original is done in mixed media with watercolors, ink and markers.

I just added her to the Etsy shop and you can get her as part of the 3 for 2 offer on all art prints.

What do you think?

Lots of love from York,
Nadine



1 comment:

  1. That is such a stunning painting! The way the hair and facial features are highlighted is amazing! He has some real talent there! =D

    ReplyDelete