Friday 21 September 2012

Paint Party Friday - Steve's Audrey Paintings

Hello everyone,

I am reposting this as part of Paint Party Friday. Check out the gorgeous blog entry here.
 
This is another art post this time. Steve has been so creative lately, he is permanently producing new art work and I am starting to get worried. Not about him painting all the time, no, not about that. But he paints sexy women and stunning portraits and the two pieces I am showing you today are of Audrey Hepburn, one of his idols. He owns every book about her and even has a gorgeous Audrey tattoo which he got in Berlin this summer.

So do I have to be worried? Am I competing with Audrey Hepburn? Ha, there is no way I ever could, who could compete with a stunning quirky yet dead cult actress.


I really can't decide which one I like better.

So what do you think of his mixed media paintings of Audrey? I love them, stunning contrast. They look great on the wall.
(and I have listed both in the art shop)

Let me know what you think.

Lots of love,
Nadine

13 comments:

  1. They're both quite striking. I especially like the first one, but they're both lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful and Steve is very talented. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful monochromatic portraits!
    Especially love that you have both the frontal and profile views!! Your mark making is exquisite, too!

    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paintings are incredible. I love the simple palette. Both are gorgeous.. I'm with you and can't decide a favorite. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work, have strong near and far,saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like seeing those detail photos... the lines are just lovely and they get lost in the photos of the whole face....thanks for sharing the detail...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Really love the pencil work and strong contrasts! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are amazing for sure!! Unique, such a great style!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. He has great talent. I love the shading and the way he handled her features. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are incredible. I am deeply envious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are beautiful! Love that touch of color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of them beautiful! So simple and so expressive ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are Wonderful! I've been a long, long, time fan of Audrey Hepburn and your hub did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete