Saturday 13 October 2012

Pandas and Zen Quilts

Hello everyone,

I have finally finished my quilting. As I don't have enough room for both my sewing machines on the table, I have decided to do my piecing first and then do a whole batch of Free Motion Quilting on Jane, making sure I carefully move the sewing machines around, and I have just finished 6 projects on Jane. The binding took me a while too. I tend to do that while watching the telly although it really annoys TOH as we can't watch any foreign movies with subtitles (our favorite) while I bind.



So tada, I present 2 of the finished quilts.Both have been listed in the Etsy shop. First a baby quilting using Kate Spain's Cuzco and quilting done in a stippling pattern in variegated threads in orange, pink, purple and blue. I am really getting into Free Motion Quilting, it's so much fun and I am starting to get a hang of it. I think my quilting can still improve a lot but I am quite happy with these first attempts at FMQ.


The second quilt is my Zen Quilt using fabrics from the Juggling Summer collection by Zen Chic for Moda and some Summersville by Lucie Summers for Moda. This one was quilted using swirls patterns and I absolutely love the effect. At first I was a bit worried how the quilting would turn out but I am really happy with the result, it looks great on the quilt.




I am also introducing 2 of my new Precious Pandas, one using some gorgeous Alexander Henry floral fabric in black and white.
And the second one using some black and white Zebra fabric which I really love.
I have recently gone crazy over black and white fabrics and have added loads of those to my stash, inspired by Elizabeth Hartman's gorgeous quilts. So watch this space, there will be more black and white coming soon.



What do you think, do you like my new quilts and Pandas?
Lots of love,
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment